MG游戏官网软件© National Trust Images/Dennis Gilbert
- The Old Battery, built in 1862 following the threat of a French invasion, is a spectacularly sited fort perched on the extreme westerly edge of the Island. It contains exhibitions about its involvement in both World Wars, plus two original gun barrels displayed in the parade ground. An underground tunnel leads to a searchlight emplacement overlooking the Needles Rocks. The New Battery is on a separate site further up the headland and contains an exhibition on Britain's secret rocket testing programme during the Cold War.